For a time, some of our digital subscriptions offered a program called Media Center that would automatically download the daily episodes for you. Unfortunately, due to a lack of support from the developer, we no longer offer that software for download. It was removed from all of our websites as of Jan. 1, 2011.
If you already have the program installed and it works fine for you, you are welcome to continue using it. However, most people find that it stops working with a system upgrade, which is a large part of why we discontinued offering it. If you are experiencing problems with it, unfortunately we are unable to offer any technical support other than instructions on removing it completely from your computer.
To remove the Media Center software from your computer, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Start Menu
- Select Settings, then select Control Panel
- Click Add or Remove Programs
- Select the Media Center program
- Click the Remove button
Mac OS X users:
- Move the Media Center program, located in Macintosh HD / Applications folder, to the trash folder
- Move the Center folder, located in the Macintosh HD / Users / <user name> / Library / Applications Support folder, to the trash folder
This should prevent the Media Center software from trying to download the MP3s any further.
To continue automatic downloads of your show's episodes, we recommend using Apple iTunes.
Instructions for setting up iTunes to receive the daily podcasts can be found HERE.
If you don't want to use iTunes, you can always choose to manually download episodes from our archives.